Urgent Pet Care
Learn more about our urgent pet care services below.
Urgent Pet Care in Mint Hill, NC 28227
At Mint Hill Animal Hospital, we offer emergency vet care during our regular business hours. Our veterinarians and staff have experience in handling a wide range of urgent care cases and are ready to assist during the following hours:
Mon – Fri: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sat: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
(every other Saturday)
When Does My Pet Need Urgent Care?
You know your pet best of all. If you notice any change in behavior or health, it’s best to set up an appointment with your veterinarian. Yet, when is it an emergency situation? To help you decide, we’ve created a list of common pet emergencies. However, if you are ever uncertain of your pet’s health, don’t hesitate to call us at 704-545-3422 or contact one of our 24/7 referral hospitals above.
If your pet exhibits any of these signs or finds themselves in one of these situations, bring them to us or an emergency vet right away.
- Difficulty breathing
- Vomiting/diarrhea for more than 24 hours
- Blood in vomit, urine, or stool
- Fell from a great height or got hit by a car
- Fought with a wild animal
- Loss of consciousness
- Ingestion of a known toxin (Visit petpoisonhelpline.com for a list of toxins)
- Suspected broken bone
- Swollen abdomen that is hard to the touch
- Pressing head against a wall
- Seems disoriented or confused
- Inability to urinate or defecate
- Heatstroke (Look for excessive panting and drooling as well as high body temperature)